Millennials want to bring their pup to work!
Millennials are choosing "dog-friendly companies over their competition when most other considerations are equal," Forbes contributor Kaytie Zimmerman shared in the article "6 Reasons Dog-Friendly Workplaces Attract Millennials." According to Zimmerman, these employee benefits include enhancements in the following:
- Employee morale
- Employee collaboration
- Time flexibility
- Cost savings from dog-daycare services and pet insurance (if company covers pet insurance)
In addition to these benefits, women professionals at dog-friendly companies have also shared with me that their pups:
- Increase their confidence and help them forge new relationships
- Build community
- Provide safety (especially on business trips)
- "Round out all of the corners of every day life," Carolynn Levy, Partner at Y Combinator
- Stimulate creativity and innovation
- Encourage mindfulness practice
- Bring them purpose
It's unanimous - dogs help us in so many ways!
We want to further draw awareness to these vast benefits to encourage more businesses and workplaces to adopt dog-friendly policies.
In this short video, Partners Carolynn Levy and Kat Mañalac at the seed accelerator Y Combinator share the special story of Julius. During our interview with these senior women, Carolynn and Kat discuss the various ways pups like Julius impact workplace culture, and our overall health and well-being.
And, thank you RaeAnne Pae, Becky Mar, Kristen Brown, the YC team, Otion Pictures and all of the pups for contributing to this video.
#BringYourDogToWorkDay #BringYourBestFriend #BYBF